The very fact that anti-anxiety medicine like clonazepam, diazepam and alprazolam are some of the most frequently prescribed drugs, indicate that GABA system dysfunction is very prevalent today.
Symptoms associated with decreased GABA or imbalances in the GABA system:
- Feelings of anxiousness or panic without reason
- Feelings of dread
- Inner tension, easy excitability and inner restlessness
- Feeling overwhelmed without reason
- Restless mind
- Cannot turn off your mind when it is time to relax or sleep
- Concern or worry about things that are not significant
- Anxiety and inability to concentrate due to your mind jumping around
Drinking teas, black or green, and eating fermented foods help boost GABA activity in the brain, and focused supplementation has been shown to make a tremendous difference not only in calming feelings of anxiety and restlessness, but increasing brain levels of GABA.
GABA system dysfunction is dependent upon many modern lifestyle factors, which can be identified and corrected with appropriate lifestyle and focused GABA system specific nutrients for a steady and calm emotional state.