Dr. Miranda Costa, is a licensed Naturopathic Physician (ND) from Southern Oregon. Prior to her medical studies, she completed a Bachelor’s of Fine Arts degree in design and photography from New School University at Parsons School of Design. With a background in design and integrative medical training, Dr. Costa has the ability to creatively approach very complex interactions in clinical medicine and research. She received multiple degrees while in graduate school, both a Doctorate and a Master’s in Integrative Medicine Research (MSiMR), and gained significant appreciation for the study, art, and practice of medicine.
During her medical training and clinical rotations, Dr. Costa focused on primary care in adults with chronic diseases, integrative oncology research, botanical medicine, and women’s health at community clinics. Publications include peer-reviewed research in The Journal of Integrative Oncology (Article) and The Pain Physician (Article).
Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – National University of Natural Medicine.
Portland, OR – 2010-2015
Master’s of Science in Integrative Medicine Research – National University of Natural Medicine.
Portland, OR – 2011-2015
Bachelor of Fine Arts – New School University, Parsons School of Design.
New York, NY – 2001 – 2005
- Desert Clinics Pain Institute – 2017- 2019 • Indio, CADoctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Teaching Clinician, Clinician ResearcherPractice focus in chronic pain & addiction
- Smart Medicine – 2017 • San Francisco, CADoctor at private medical practiceProvided comprehensive health care with focus in chronic disease and BHRT
- New Story Wellness – 2016 • Atlanta, GAPrimary Care PhysicianPrivate practice & Clinician Researcher
- Kashi Labs & Novus Center for Molecular Diagnosis – 2016 • Portland, ORMedical Consultant & Clinician ResearcherGenomics and Polymorphisms
- Mercy & Wisdom Community Health Clinic – 2015 – 2016 • Portland, ORPrimary Care Physician serving the communityPractice Focus in chronic disease, dermatologic conditions, and women’s health